komfort partitioning & glazed walls
Space-pod often selects the Komfort range of internal partions, glazed walls and office space dividers, because they help us to add style, substance and functionality to the modern office environments that we create.
Komfort is the UK's market leader in the design and manufacture of commercial glazed and solid partitioning, laminate, timber and veneered doors, movable walls and storagewall. With 13 partitioning systems in their range along with movable walls, sliding partitions, demountable partitions, timber, veneered and laminate doors, glass doors, ceilings, blinds and graphics they help space-pod to accommodate any style from contemporary to traditional.
The Komfort partitions also achieve strong fire, acoustic and structural performance through stringent testing. This means that space-pod can guarantee the safest and widest product offering in the UK's Commercial Interiors Sector and means our office partitions conform to building regulation requirements.
- When it comes to structural strength, fire and sound performance, Komfort operates an uncompromising programme of product testing to ensure peace of mind. Their glazed and solid, fire and non fire rated partitioning and doors are independently tested at authorised laboratories in accordance with the relevant British Standard.
- Specialist technical expertise based on long term product research and development and an unrivalled understanding of the needs of the contractor and end user gained from supplying complex and large projects.
- Experienced in nationwide supply chain agreements, offering logistics expertise and scaled with dedicated project management that monitors manufacturing deadlines and schedules from order, through to production and delivery.
- Investment in specialist distribution to offer the widest selection of products, stocked in depth an delivered in consolidated loads, reducing disruption and minimising environmental impact.
- Extensive on going investment in tooling and manufacturing facilities to deliver cost effective, high quality products and continual improvements to service.
- > Full accreditation to BS EN ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- > Full IFC certification for FD30 and FD60 30 and 60 minute fire rated doors and door kits.
- > FSC certification.
- > Carbon Trust Standard.
- > Achilles Building Confidence Accreditation.
The Great Divide
The image some people have in their minds about office partitions is not always positive; a cubicle farm is seen as symbolic of modern office settings, the epitome of uniformity and blandness. This cubicle arrangement was designed to give employees a greater degree of privacy and personalisation than was found in the previous work environment, which consisted of desks lined up in rows in an open room.
But this is now an old-fashioned view of partitioning, as companies like Komfort design and manufacture partitioning systems which meet the requirements of newt technologies, new ways of working and an enhanced understanding of how environment affects productivity. Modern offices are changing, with partitioning systems playing a vital role in how offices look, feel and perform.
Businesses grow (or shrink), change and evolve, and it is vital to have the flexibility to change layout and office design. In today’s constantly shifting work environment, with some companies experiencing particularly high churn rates, this is more important than ever.
Rather than a company fitting its work patterns around a building – especially in the case of older buildings – partitions allow the business to tailor its working environment to the way it wishes to work. Carrying out structural changes to a building to facilitate this would be very costly, so modern partitioning is less disruptive to work, more cost effective, and an infinitely more versatile way to achieve these ends.
When designing a new office layout using partitions, it is important to consider how the occupants work, or how you would like them to work, and consider the amount of interaction and human contact that work style requires. For example:
Pooled workflow: individuals working alone, adding to the overall group effort so no group interaction required
Sequential workflow: tasks that move from one member of the team to another
Reciprocal workflow: similar to sequential workflow, but in this case the flow of work can move in either direction, back and forth
Intensive workflow: work flows in many directions between all members of the team, and the group must collaborate closely to complete the task
Of course, most teams don’t fall strictly into one category. There are generally four types of office design which can be mixed and matched to suit the type of workspace required for the work being carried out. Partitions offer designers the perfect way to create these spaces – and change them as work patterns change. For example:
Cellular office: single and multi-person offices along the building’s façade with a common corridor to provide access. This works well where there is autonomous work that requires concentration, or where confidential meetings need to take place. An office with a door is sometimes a double-edged sword – status symbol, or barrier to communication?
Combination office: single or multi-person offices grouped around a shared central area (the middle zone) where communication and interaction takes place. Often corridor walls are transparent. This style suits where workers often switch between individual work requiring concentration and communicative project or team work.
Team office: this type of office places an emphasis on flexibility and interchangeability with a mix of layouts within the floor or building. Partly open and transparent, it is suitable for a wide array of work, such as team building, project work, concentration and communication.
Open office: openness and communication are key here, but there is still access to privacy when required.
All of these office types can be created using modern office partitioning and changed to suit evolving work practices and requirements. It’s also worth remembering that in April last year the tax status of demountable and relocatable partitioning systems (like Komfort’s Ls90) changed to offer enhanced tax writing-down allowance incentives over traditional building materials like blockwork or drylining. This equates to an initial cash value of 7.5 per cent of the installed cost at the time of the end user paying corporation tax.
Modern partitions also provide acoustic, fire and structural properties, which further enhance the working environment. Acoustic performance is obviously vital in offices where privacy is required, and where workers need to work without the distraction of noise from outside their office. Modern partitioning systems like the Komfort Ls90 flush frameless system can offer acoustic attainment of up to 45dB (Rw) in its solid form.
This acoustic performance was a vital element in a Komfort project for the Irish government’s Department of Finance. The office layout was designed so that senior employees shared an open office area, with dedicated meeting and conference facilities available when required.
Strong acoustic performance was vital to ensure privacy in the meeting rooms, and to maintain a sensible level of noise within the open-plan area. The client opted for double-glazed Ls90 with solid steel modules. Cherry-veneered doors were used throughout, together with matching panels in the boardroom area for aesthetic appeal.
Partitioning – and crucially the doors that form part of it – must also comply with fire regulations, particularly now that every building has a responsible person who must ensure compliance under the Regulatory Reform Order (RRO).
The RRO – which applies to England and Wales – covers the fire safety duties required to protect the ‘relevant person’ in a building, such as visitors and staff. Building owners must show that they have carried out a risk assessment on their premises, and this includes ensuring that fire doors and fire-rated partitioning have been correctly specified, installed and, importantly, appropriately maintained.
They must also be able to produce the documentation to show that the products are suitable for their application, proving that all parties have exercised due diligence in fulfilling their duty of care. Designers should ensure that when specifying partitioning systems, they check and double-check the system’s fire rating certification to ensure compliance.
Komfort operates a programme of product testing on our glazed and solid, fire and non-fire rated partitioning and doors. This is carried out at independent, authorised test laboratories in accordance with the relevant British Standards – and we are the only partitioning company to hold these fire certificates across our whole range.
Partitions and doors must also comply with Approved Document M of the Building Regulations with regard to internal doors, and also the Equality Act (which replaced the Disability Discrimination Act in October 2010). Komfort offers a full technical backup package including technical drawing, site visits, technical helpline, and guidance on Doc M and BS8300 compliance.
As well as making a significant design contribution to the aesthetics of a workplace, modern partitioning can help to optimise productivity and make a significant contribution to the space’s fire, acoustic and accessibility performance.
The Komfort product range
- Komfort 600 Series: Uncomplicated in design and installation, 600 Series partitioning is slim line with a choice of crisp angular or soft radiused profiles. 600 Series can be glazed or solid. Suitable for most general office applications, 600 Series partitioning is particularly sought after to accommodate fast track projects as all components are held in stock by Komfort. The system has been tested for sound attenuation and achieves up to 40dB (Rw) in double glazed format. It also provides up to Class 'O' spread of flame.
- Kameo 75: Kameo 75 offers the designer soft lines of radiused corners. When it comes to safety Kameo 75 has tremendous acoustic performance and fire protection.Established, attractive and versatile, Kameo 75 may be introduced as the solution to almost any office interior requirement. Kameo 75 is a steel stud and plasterboard construction surrounded by an aluminium framework. This framework, together with the finishing trims, may be sprayed in any BS or RAL colour to complement each design. It is even possible to produce a continuity of style and colour shade throughout a project by attaching the skirting, in either aluminium or plastic secret fix, to the building core walls. As previously mentioned, performance is a key benefit of both partitioning systems. The current test ratings for fire and sound are 30 minutes and 43 dB (Rw) respectively. Without doubt its exceptional functionality has made Kameo a popular systems in the UK today.
- Komfire 75: Komfire offers the designer a distinct angular style incorporated with the benefits of tremendous acoustic performance and fire protection. Komfire may be introduced as the solution to almost any office interior requirement it is established, attractive and versatile. Komfire is a steel stud and plasterboard construction surrounded by an aluminium framework. This framework, together with the finishing trims, may be sprayed in any BS or RAL colour to complement each design. It is even possible to produce a continuity of style and colour shade throughout a project by attaching the skirting, in either aluminium or plastic secret fix, to the building core walls. The current test ratings for fire and sound are 30 minutes and 43 dB (Rw) respectively. For the performance plus factor, however, Komfire is available as a 100mm thick double skinned system. In this form it provides 1 hour resistance in both solid and glazed modules, together with an acoustic attainment of up to 52 dB (Rw). Exceptional functionality has made Komfire a very popular system in the UK today.
- Kameo 100: Komfire 100 is the perfect choice for applications where fire and sound performance are key requirements. As a 100mm thick double skinned system it provides 1 hour fire resistance in both solid and glazed modules, together with an acoustic attainment of up to 52dB (Rw).
- Klassic: Tactile as well as distinctive, Komfort’s veneered Klassic brings charm to any office interior. Its simplicity and efficiency are assured, however, through its uncomplicated method of build, relocatability and excellent performance qualities. The vast array of veneers, which may in turn be co-ordinated with doors and furniture, makes certain that every workplace provides individuality. Combining elegance with function, Klassic’s appeal is timeless. In its solid form Klassic is similar in construction to Mirage. Both have several glazing styles including single offset, double glazed, silicone jointed and banded. One of Klassic’s greatest assets is its performance quality. Tests have achieved 30 minutes fire resistance for both insulation and integrity and 45dB (Rw) sound reduction in solid runs. To enhance the beauty of Klassic’s natural materials and ensure continuity of finish, all the factory manufactured components are pre-finished in a clear lacquer. Klassic is part of Komfort’s family of veneered products guaranteeing full integration and, when requested, co-ordination with doors, storagewall and furniture to create an interior where the veneers are in total harmony.
- Ls90: Synonymous with style, Performance, Versatility and Sustainable, Ls90 is the reusable bi-panel partition system for sustainable buildings. This bi-panel characteristic facilitates speed of build with quality-controlled factory prepared elements. Modules are interchangeable from glass to solid without disturbance to adjacent components. Its hung panel design, with recessed base and head incorporating ± 25mm deflection, creates a true floating panel effect with no visible framing on solid elements. Ls90’s unique doorframe, junctions and flush panel-to-panel elements enhance this minimal aesthetic. Module sizes from 600-1500mm are available. Ls90 has been engineered to accommodate future change, whether it is relocating an individual or entire suite of offices, to simply upgrading a boardroom for improved acoustic performance. It is a partitioning system, which has impressive performance qualities, yet maintains the flexibility to allow specifiers to achieve innovative design. With sustainability such an important issue, Ls90 has been designed for disassembly enabling components to be recovered from site at the end of their useful life and entered into the relevant industry’s recycling programme.
- Ls90 featuring Workwall: The modern workplace is a fluid environment that is changing at an ever increasing pace. Workwall is a comprehensive package of integrated systems which offer a wide range of space utilisation and space division solutions to suit a variety of users. With finishes ranging from classic to modern, the style of Workwall suits any business environment while offering a high level of reconfigurable functionality and flexibility.
- Polor Single Glazed Partitioning: Polar single glazed partitioning allows light to flood through the workplace to create an atmosphere of space, yet effectively provides shielded office zones where concentration and creativity may flourish. Available in either straight striking lines, facets, or the most graceful curves, Polar’s minimalist form exudes elegance and luxury in all kinds of surroundings. Single Glazed Polar partitioning is designed with the minimum of components, thus facilitating speed of erection without compromising strength and rigidity. It is silicone jointed yet virtually frameless system with no vertical posts between modules, corners or three way junctions. Single glazed Polar partitioning can be installed in conjunction with solid panels from other Komfort partitioning systems please refer to NBS Specification.
- Polor Double Glazed Partitioning: The epitome of contemporary partitioning, Double Glazed Polar brings a sensational style to the division of any office space, often enhanced by dramatic glass decoration. Providing an environment for both communicative and inspired work, its simplistic method of installation, relocatability and powerful acoustic properties make it such a practical option too. The double glazed version of Polar uses no silicone even at glass-to-glass joints. Shared support to both panes of glass is offered by the unique ‘ghost post’ which means that the system is totally relocatable should future needs dictate. The PolarTec system offers enhanced structural, fire and acoustic performance whilst maintaining its ability to be demountable and relocatable. This double glazed partition provides 30 minutes fire resistance for both integrity and insultaion together with a sound reduction of 46db (Rw). Double glazed Polar can be installed in conjunction with solid panels from other Komfort partitioning systems refer to NBS Specification.
- Polor Vision: Polar Vision is one of the latest products to be added to the Polar range of glass partitions. It is dry jointed and constructed without mullion posts to give a seamless style. The system has been tested to achieve 30 mins fire protection for both insulation and integrity. There is a choice of door options from glass, in an aluminium frame, to timber in a timber frame. Depending on the glass combinations used, Polar Vision can provide up to 48dB (Rw) sound performance.
- Polor 100: Polar 100 provides a fully integrated system that can accommodate single glazed, double glazed and solid elements. Single and double glazed formats comprise perimeter framing only, with vertical glass edges abutting a small infill strip. Visually monolithic solid elevations feature a flush skirting and a recessed head, this head detail being common to all elevations. The multi-function, single action door frame may be incorporated within glazed or solid runs and can house timber and glass door sets.
- Confluence: Confluence is the perfect transition solution providing a precision interface between gypsum and glass walls, which would be virtually impossible to create, using standard building materials. The patented profiles eliminate the need for complicated and visually intrusive detailing to create the perfect finish that many designers strive for. Confluence is 100% natural, made up of 85% Gypsum, 5% Glass, 5% Water and 5% Wooden Laths. One of the key features of Confluence is the speed of fixing as exceptional features can be created much more efficiently than traditional methods.
View Komfort Kompendium brochure (3.9MB)
View Komfort Polar brochure (3.6MB)
View Comluence brochure (744k)
- Komfort 80 System: Komfort 80 system is a top hung movable acoustic wall of light construction made up of individual panels designed to give economical but strong and long lasting use. Komfort 80 is ideal for use in meeting rooms, class rooms and offices. Made up of individual panels, it is designed to give economical but long lasting use in the division of spaces requiring flexibility, offering good levels of sound reduction and a high quality finish. Panels are clad with two sheets of high quality chipboard on a twist resistant aluminium frame with exposed satin anodised aluminium edge profiles to all four sides as standard. Panels incorporate top and bottom retractable seals operated by a single cam action with interlocking male/female profile rebates on the vertical edges. Panels can incorporate TE telescopic, NE Standard, DT full height hinged door, SE single leaf inset pass door, corner/junction and glazed panels if required. Panels are suspended from heavy duty aluminium ceiling tracks requiring no fllor guides. Suspention is available using type 'E' single point, type 'Z' twin point guide roller and type 'K' twin point cross roller system options.
- Komfort 200 System: Komfort 200 is primarily supplied as a floor supported option where overhead support in unavailable or when client's budgets dictate an economic answer. Alternatively, a top hung system requiring no floor track is also available when an adequate support structure is in place. Panels are connected by attractive matching satin anodised aluminium hinges, forming a flat wall when positioned across the opening. A locking arrangement giving panels extra stability. Each alternate panel contains an espagnolette bolt mechanism operated via a detachable handle at a convenient height from the floor. The locking pin engages the floor rail or top track to ensure the panels close flat, flush and rigid. The leading panel in the opening can be used as a full height pass door if required. Pass doors have flush pull handles and roller catch fitted; a lock can be fitted as an optional extra. The floor supported option allows panels to run on a shallow 9mm high aluminium floor rail designed to fit over a raised floor or floor screed. Protruding only 4mm above a finished floor service the rail is designed to avoid tripping and dirt accumulation. A butyl rubber channel seal fitted to the bottom of each panel, brushes the floor rail surface only to prevent drag and wear on the floor finishes. Lateral stability of the system is achieved via self lubricating nylon rollers running in a non load bearing adjustable aluminium ceiling track to compensate for variances in height. Bottom rollers fitted to alternate panels incorporate axial and radial ball bearings, which are dimensioned to bear considerably greater loads than actually exist.
- KM3 Storagewall divides space, provides high volume storage and is totally flexible. Its relocatability and optimisation of floor space endorses KM3 efficiency, cost-effectiveness and impressive storage capacity. Not only does KM3 integrate with Komfort’s partitioning ranges, it also divides offices by doubling as the partition wall. Occasionally it may be necessary to change the layout of an office to accommodate new working practice or changes in staffing levels. With KM3 this is simple. The back panels are designed to be completely interchangeable with the doors and, if required, KM3 may be demounted and relocated to another area. One of the most important benefits of KM3 is financial. With today’s high rental costs, most organisations are seeking to optimise the use of floor space. KM3 provides an excellent solution to this dilemma by saving up to 30% of space required. To enhance this saving further, tambour fronts are an excellent choice as they eradicate the open door footprint. KM3’s relocatability may also entitle the end-user to tax benefits.
BLINDS & GRAPHICS:
- Integral Blinds: Offices are often designed to be an expression of a corporation, it's values and it's brands. Primarily, it is the quality materials and robust mechanism that has been rigorously tested and put through the most demanding and stringent of paces. Using steel means that the product is durable to wear and tear strong enough to remain rigid. By inserting the blind into the unit the product remains dust free, unlike external blinds which require a high degree of regular cleaning. The blinds, are designed to suit a 15mm - 25mm sealed unit cavity and are available in a variety of colours and finishes. They can be supplied in Venetian form and there is a choice of opening methods. Our well designed ladder system using special coated materials ensures a truly snagless and fluid movement of our integral blinds whether you are raising and lowering the blind or tilting.
- Vertical Blinds: Komfort now supply a range of vertical blinds. These are created from a fabric that meets fire regulations specified by European standards in accordance to BS 5867 Part 2 Type B. The fabric has either been woven with non-flammable fibre glass, Trevira CS or impregnated/coated with fire retardants. Solar and optical properties of fabrics can be used to assist in the design of temperature control systems within buildings and the installation of window blinds can be more cost effective than installing an air conditioning system to control the heat within a building. The installation of suitable window blinds can reduce the glare within a building, which is particularly relevant where computers are used intensively. In addition to this there are legal health and safety regulations for areas with display screen equipment (i) (ii) require that ‘windows shall be fitted with a suitable system of adjustable covering to attenuate the daylight that falls on the workstation’.
- Graphics: Full colour images to help identify, promote and advertise your business within a particular sector:
- > Window graphics
- > Fleet vehicle graphics
- > Signs and banners
- > Floor graphics
- > Point of sale displays
- > Health and safety signs
- > Contour cut full colour and spot labels
- Manifestation: To achieve the same look as silk-screening, film manifestation offers a more cost effective and flexible option. It is a favourite for creating company logo’s and signs in reception areas and should future fashions dictate, may be removed and new designs applied. This provides a cost effective and flexible alternative to either etching or sandblasting glass for:
- > Advertising
- > Logos and Graphics
- > Decoration
- > Privacy
- > Legality
Switch Glass: By simply applying a PET film containing a liquid crystal polymer, the visual appearance of the glass can be changed from opaque to clear when an electrical current is activated. A simple ON-OFF mode switch can provide privacy or transparency depending on your requirement.
- Glass Doors: Komfort's glass door systems allow light to flood through the workplace to create an atmosphere of space. Komfort's considerable choice of glass doors form an integral part of any partition wall and interior. Choose from pivot, sliding, framed or frameless. Eye-catching manifestation applied to doors also add interest. Komfort's Glass and Manifestation from the simplest of form to full corporate imaging including logos, brands or photography. Utilising one of a combination of the 9 colours from the "K" series glass vinyl range, a design can be created to comply with the requirements of Part M of the Building Regulations and assist Corporates to meet their duties under the Equalities Act (previously DDA).
- Vaneered Doors: Virtually unlimited decorative styles and moods can be captured with veneered doors. The infinite variety of grain and figure pattern, colour and texture can create the most beautiful and distinguished environments. The intricate art of applying veneer has been practised since the time of the Egyptian Pharoahs. Since then production methods may have changed but veneer is still widely sought after as a design material. Cutting methods can produce different visual effects, from the multi patterned grain marking of a rotary cut, to the series of stripes created when applying quarter cut veneers.
- Laminate Doors: Komfort's laminate door finishes include Polyrey Durion and Papago range, along with Formica Fundamentals and plain colours. Other finishes from these suppliers are available on request.
- Laminate Doors: Komfort's laminate door finishes include Polyrey Durion and Papago range, along with Formica Fundamentals and plain colours. Other finishes from these suppliers are available on request.
CLICK TO VIEW >
more on office partitions & glazing
add space with a mezzanine floor
storage wall systems
office lighting schemes
office decoration & finishing touches
office graphics, decal & signage
office I.T. during a move or re-fit
SPACE-POD Office refurbishment and re-fit specailists in London, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Essex, Kent, Surrey, Middlesex Office relocation and re-fit experts London, Bucks, Herts, Oxon, Berks, Middx Babini office furniture and office partitions Girsberger quality office chairs and seating. Creative office workspace design and cad solutions, design and build services for businesses, facilities managers and architects, Orangebox office furniture, Techo desking. Office move and refit contractors. Office Refurbishment, Office acoustics experts, Acoustic sound proofing installation, recording studio design and fit-out, recording studio refurbishment, Industrial Unit fit-out, Industrial Unit refurbishment, Library design and fit-out, Library Unit refurbishment, Cafe and restaurant design and fit-out, Cafe and restaurant refurbishment, Commercial Interiors, Design and Build, Office Space Planning and Productivity London, Buckinghamshire and High Wycombe.
Space-pod | High Wycombe| HP10 0AU | UK | t: 08704 321 515 | e: email@example.com | Registered in England and Wales Reg. No. 4446605 | Vat No. 796 2195 85