Adapting to social distancing workplaces
What should a COVID-19 Return to Work Roadmap consider?
The purpose of a ‘Return to Work’ Roadmap is to examine and document how a business should modify its offices and workspaces. This should be done with all employees in mind with the aim of identifying and reducing the risks associated with COVID-19. Undertaking such an assessment can be complex, so having a reference framework is invaluable throughout the process.
An example COVID-19 Return to Work Roadmap
With years of experience assessing and designing office spaces for all needs, we’ve worked with our clients to identify the 5 key areas all COVID-19 Return to Work Roadmaps should include. These are:
1 – Your Approach
- Appoint a multi-disciplinary change management team.
- Engage and follow-up with staff
2 – Your Policies and Procedures
- Carry out an extensive review of current company policies and procedures
- Set HSE compliant standards
- Establish protocol
3 – Your Risk Assessments
- Identify what business activities/situation might cause transmission of COVID-19
- Consider who is at risk
- Communicate to your staff
4 – The Scopes of Works
- Set capacity limits and staffing levels
- Re-assess floorplans
- Re-orientate furniture
- Implement a one-way traffic system
- Install barriers/shields
- Reduce touch points and shared items
5 – Consider the long term
- New Government drive to increase workplace testing
- What does the post COVID workplace look like?
- Work better – It’s time for a better work experience
- Desk mounted and freestanding acrylic hygiene screens
- The workplace of the future
- Office monitor VDU regulations
Need help evaluating your workspace COVID risks?
Let us help you prepare for a COVID-19 compatible return to work with advice and expertise on physical, procedural and behavioural modifications to the workplace. From adapted layouts to allow for social distancing to COVID testing booths and pods, safety acrylic screens, sanitisation stations, signage and contactless solutions. We deliver end-to-end, HSE compliant, solutions to get your workforce safely back to work.
Our Spatial Design team have been evaluating products and adaptive thinking and now have a variety of solutions to help get people back into the working environment.
We are working closely with our Clients and modifying existing work areas to support a phased return to the office and also looking at longer-term working solutions.
If you require assistance with modifying your current space and require an HSE compliant solution that allows you to bring your employees back into the work environment please complete the contact form below for a callback.
Alternatively please give us a call directly on 01628 535 790, we’d be pleased to discuss how we might be able to help.